Come spend an invigorating few days in the lake learning everything you need to know to become a Red Cross certified Lifeguard! (includes Lifeguarding with Waterfront Module, First Aid, CPR, and AED certification) The course consists of an in-water pre-test, lectures and videos, on-land and in-water skills sessions, final written tests, and final in-water skills scenarios.
Space is very limited so register early. The price includes all lodging, meals, and course materials.
Minimum of four (4) / maximum of eight (8) participants to run a course. Must be 15 years old by the last day of class to register.
Arrival time is 9 AM on June 23 and the session will be complete by 4 PM on June 25.
Requirements PRIOR to first in-person class:
- Roughly 7 hours of online work to be completed BEFORE first class. The link will be provided via email within a week of registering.
Skill Assessment upon arriving at Pilgrim Lodge before coursework begins:
- Successfully complete ALL prerequisite skills
- Swim 500 yards continuously using a combination of front crawl and breaststroke
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- Swim 20 yards, retrieve 10-pound object from bottom of the deep end, swim on back holding object with both hands to shallow end and exit pool without a ladder.
Requirements DURING in-person classes:
- Attend all classes
- Successfully demonstrate competency in all skills and rescue scenarios
- Pass two in-water final scenario tests
- Pass the written exams with 80% or better
You will receive an email with more details and information to complete the online coursework a month prior to the beginning of the course.
Refund Policy: If cancellation occurs within 2 weeks of the given course, a 100% refund will be allowed. If the course is not passed, no refund will be given.