Raking leaves, stacking wood, clearing brush, floating docks, sweeping floors, washing windows:
there’s so much to do to clean up PL after the winter and get ready for summer!
We need your help, and there’s something for everyone to do!
Friday is Informal:
- Arrive and leave anytime 8:00 am – sundown or stay overnight.
- No meals provided on Friday as we are cleaning the kitchen so bring your own.
- Feel free to come up after work and supper if you want to be here fresh for Saturday.
- It can be cold in the cabins so dress warmly and bring warm bedding.
There is no covid-19 vaccination requirement for those attending for the daytime event only.
Breakfast 8:00-9:00 AM
9:00 Welcome and project assignments
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
12:30-4:00 Camp clean-up continues
There is no fee for Jump Start Workdays, although donations are accepted.
Who may attend?
- Adults over 18 years old and 9-12th graders.
- 6th-8th graders may attend
- They must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for them throughout the weekend, such as a parent or a youth group leader.
- Please, no children younger than 6th grade due to safety concerns.
Who needs a health form?
- ALL MINORS NEED A HEALTH FORM.
- Health Form 1 is required for minors only (no doctor’s signature, just parents).
- If you return later for a camp session you’ll need Form 2, signed by a doctor, as well.
- Download The Permission & Health Forms
Bring work equipment if you’ve got it (write your name on it).
Gloves, rakes, shovels, chainsaws, garden tools, construction tools.
Information to provide:
- Number of people attending
- Which day(s) attending
- Friday, Saturday, or both
- If you plan on staying overnight Friday into Saturday
- How many meals you plan on attending
- Breakfast and lunch are all provided on Saturday
- If you have any dietary needs we should be aware of
- Allergies, vegetarian, vegan, etc.
- If any of the attendees have specific skill sets
- Electrician, carpenter, welder, amateur chainsaw juggler, etc.
- 6th grade and older are welcome
- Please have at least one adult for every five minors
- Permission forms and health forms are needed for all minors.
- If you want to stay overnight: Call for a reservation and bring a warm sleeping bag and warm sleeping clothes.
- Please register by calling the camp office.