Maine UCC Youth Groups only please, this is not an event for individuals.
Reservations: Group leaders must call the camp office to reserve space.
Adult/youth ratios: Groups need to bring one adult for every five minors. If you are bringing males and females you must have at least one gender appropriate adult for each cabin group.
Cabin groupings: Large groups will be given two or more cabins by gender. Smaller groups can decide if they want to be in one cabin together, or if they want gender specific cabins. (If you want gender specific small group cabins you may be combined with another small group, but only if space requires it).
Program: The Outdoor Ministries Team (OMT) will provide some program for Saturday night and give you time for your own group program. On Sunday morning OMT will offer worship for the whole group but groups are responsible for their own program beyond that.
Meals: Early Dinner Saturday (5:30 pm) & Breakfast and Lunch on Sunday will be provided.
If your group just wants to come to the overnight (and not work at Jump Start Workday): Your group is invited to arrive for an early dinner at 5:30 on Saturday. If you will be arriving later, please come having eaten. You must call the PL office to reserve space.
If your group wants to work on Saturday: Arrive for breakfast at 8 AM or for the Opening Welcome at 8:30 AM Saturday. 11 AM is the latest arrival time to qualify for a free overnight. Please review the requirements for Jump Start Workdays. Look below on this page for health and permission forms.
Can my group stay over Friday night as well? Yes, as always, people who plan to work on Saturday may come up the night before. However, there is no supper served on Friday night so come having eaten or with a bag supper. Breakfast on Saturday morning is served. No fee is necessary for this but a small donation to offset costs is welcome. There is no program on Friday night so be ready to provide your own. If it is still light we may be able to give your group a work assignment although it’s not required. Please let us know when you plan to arrive.
Important regulations for adults and youth:
- Youth are to be supervised. Young people are not allowed to wander the camp freely. Therefore, thoughtful planning to your own program is essential.
- Anyone found involved with drugs or alcohol will be sent home.
- This is a tobacco free event.
- Groups may interact and mingle freely but should respect other groups who are trying to engage in their own program time.
- One adult in every group should be designated to carry and disperse medications. These should be kept discreetly.
Health and Permission Forms: Download
- Health Form: All minors need bring a new health form one (signed by a parent – no doctor’s signature needed) as it contains the permission to treat. We can keep this form for use later in the summer but last years form 1 can not be used. No other health form is needed.
- Permission Forms: Must be signed by a parent or guardian. One form can be used for any and all parts of the weekend.
What to Bring: Permission slips and health forms, WARM clothes, hat and gloves, a warm sleeping bag, pillow, towel, bathroom articles, snacks to share. If you are going to work at Jump Start Weekend bring work gloves and, if possible, a rake with your name on it.
Call us with questions.